Excursions, events, and cultural activities
In addition to conference papers and plenary lectures, a variety of events, cultural activities and excursions has been organised. Please note that some events and activities need to be booked in advance via the links below.
- Public event: Classics in the 21st Century – Thursday 4 July 2019, 17:30, Beveridge Hall, Senate House (Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HU) (free)
- Boat trip on the Thames – Friday 5 July 2019, 14:00-16:00 (tickets: £12)
A two-hour sightseeing trip on the Thames. Please click on the link above for more information. Please note that you need to book for this event via the UCL online store.
- #WCCWiki – Women’s Classical Committee UK Wikipedia Editathon – Friday 5 July 2019, 13:00 onward, Senate House (Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HU) (free drop-in session)
- European Research Council (ERC) session – Friday 5 July 2019, 13.30-15:00
- Diversifying Public Engagement in Classics: Showcase Event – Friday 5 July 2019, 13:00-17:00 (free drop-in session)
- A range of excursions, including a walking tour of Roman London – Friday 5 July 2019, 15:00 onward
Details will be available later in the year. Delegates will be able to attend these events for free or for a small fee. Once the schedule has been finalised, you will be able to book these events online (link will be provided in due course).
Please click on the link above for more information. Please note that you need to book for this event via the UCL online store.
- Poster session – Sunday 7 July 2019, 13:00-15:00
A two-hour session when all poster presenters will be beside their posters in the exhibition hall. Delegates are welcome to discuss content with the presenters and ask questions on their work.