- All London buses and black cabs can accommodate wheelchairs.
- Not all tube (underground) station are fully accessible by wheelchair users. Please check the tube step-free guide here and the Transport for London accessible guides here and here for more information.
- If you are travelling by overground train and you are a wheelchair user, please contact the company at least 24 hours in advance to alert them that you will be requiring assistance. London Euston, King’s Cross/St Pancras and Waterloo stations are all fully accessible to wheelchair users. For more information please click here.
Institute of Education
- Disabled parking at the Institute of Education: please click here for details on how to reserve a space (please scroll down to the bottom of the page) NB if you require a space for the day you need to reserve 3 days in advance.
- The Institute of Education (IoE) rooms and foyers booked for the Conference are fully accessible to wheelchair users. Please click here for a full guide of accessible entrances to the building.
- There are disabled lifts and accessible toilets at the IoE.
- There is an evacuation plan in place in case of emergency at the IoE.
- Assistance dogs are welcome, but please let us know in advance so we can alert the venues.
- Personal assistants are welcome, but please note that they will have to register for the Conference.
- There will be a quiet room at the IoE.
- The full AccessAble guide for the Institute of Education can be found here.
- Senate House University of London, where some functions will be held, is about 5 minutes away from the IoE and is also fully accessible to wheelchair users.
- There are fully accessible lifts at Senate House.
- There is an accessible toilet at Senate House (4th floor, please use the lifts).
- There is disabled parking at Senate House. Please email reception at email@example.com in advance to book a space.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in Senate House.
- There is an Accessibility suite in Senate House. You can access it with a Senate House Library card only. Please note that you need to book access in advance. More details here.
- In case of emergency, wheelchair users should wait by a refuge point.
- Induction loops are available in the Service Hall at Senate House.
- A full guide on the building’s accessibility and disabled facilities can be found here.
- We can provide conference material in larger font upon request.
- Dietary requirements for the Conference Dinner: while we aim to take into account all dietary requirements and allergies, delegates should be aware that the Conference Dinner will be a flying buffet, not a sit down dinner. Trays will be circulated throughout the evening and it would be advisable to consult with the waiting staff prior to sampling the food if there are any doubts or concerns.
- Dietary requirements for tea and coffee breaks: we aim to take into account dietary requirements and allergies as much as possible and advise the catering staff accordingly.